Monday, November 26, 2007

Coffee Break

My girlfriends and I have started a ritual. Every other week on Wednesday we have started going to the local coffee house for a break. Last week was just our first week and it lasted 2.5 hours. It was so much fun!!! I think I ended up talking the most of all, but I really had a lot on my mind. This week I plan on only listening to what they have to say. So far it is just Kacey, me and Michelle. I hope we can continue this tradition. It is really nice to have some time away with people you can relate too.
Tomorrow is our second attempt. This time we are only scheduled for 1 hour, but we are starting early so if time runs over a bit we can not be out too late. When you are a Mom it seems so hard to make time for your self, so hard to let go of the things that you control and let someone else take over for even a little bit. It is very hard. But, in order for me not to loose myself, I need some time to drive 2 minutes down the road, enjoy a nice cup of Moca and chat, even if it is just for 1 hour. That makes me remember that I am still an individual, one with passions, interests, and one with SPUNK! My friends definitely remind me of this trait. We are all so different, yet, so alike. Not that my husband does not remind me of those things, just that sometimes he may not want to hear about what I saw on Opera or chat with me about which decorations I am going to use for Christmas and what crafty project I want to dig my heals into this year. I know this is why he likes his MAN time, so he can talk about the things that he likes and Lord only knows what they talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some comment love...