Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Thanks ladies for amusing me over some coffee for an hour or so last night. It was fun and I cannot wait until next time.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Tomorrow is our second attempt. This time we are only scheduled for 1 hour, but we are starting early so if time runs over a bit we can not be out too late. When you are a Mom it seems so hard to make time for your self, so hard to let go of the things that you control and let someone else take over for even a little bit. It is very hard. But, in order for me not to loose myself, I need some time to drive 2 minutes down the road, enjoy a nice cup of Moca and chat, even if it is just for 1 hour. That makes me remember that I am still an individual, one with passions, interests, and one with SPUNK! My friends definitely remind me of this trait. We are all so different, yet, so alike. Not that my husband does not remind me of those things, just that sometimes he may not want to hear about what I saw on Opera or chat with me about which decorations I am going to use for Christmas and what crafty project I want to dig my heals into this year. I know this is why he likes his MAN time, so he can talk about the things that he likes and Lord only knows what they talk about!
I think Amanda has the other half of these pictures. I am pretty sure they were taken in the "Fun Tunnel!!" Correct me if I am wrong!
This picture was taken the summer before High School. That was a FUN summer.
This is a super cute picture of him and my Mom when they were younger. I love this one. My dad is such a loving man and I will never be able to thank him for everything he has taught me. Even the hard lessons have brought me great strength. So, Dad, I love you and I wish you many more years of health and happiness. I would not be who I am without you! I love you!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
And... here he is applying the knowledge! PS- my son is very tall. Those pants, while a tad bit long, are 2T's! He is only 14 months old!
In the background you can see Curt trying to figure out what to do with the petroleum jelly he wiped all over the door handles. I think that is super mean..... But everyone else thought it was quite funny! And what do I know about car decorating???
Yes, there it it caught RED handed.
Silly string! I must say, he is quite a STUD! I love this man so much!
And one little adorable one to finish things up with! Here is the apple of my eye! I love this look on his face, priceless!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
This is a SUPER easy recipe that I whipped up in no time.
What you will need
- Campbell's "Fiesta Nacho Cheese" soup
- Cheese crumbles or grated cheese of any kind- i used 1/2 pack
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 pack of smashed Ritz Crackers
Prep time= 5 minutes
Cook time= 1 hour
Fiesta Chicken Bake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Take one can of Campbell's Fiesta soup and pour in the dish that you plan on baking in. Then add one can of water or milk, your choice and mix until there are few lumps.
- Then place your chicken in the dish. I put mine in while it was still frozen.
- Then take your cheese and spread over the top evenly.
- Next comes the fun part. The Ritz crackers... I gave mine to Mason for some help, and he loved it. He smashed and squeezed until they were perfect. After they are all smashed up, sprinkle them over the top of your dish.
- Place in the oven for approximately 1 hour of baking time. I did not even worry about it, I just went back when the timer went off and it was all done.
You could most likely use any type of soup that you wanted too. I just had the fiesta cheesy soup already and thought it would add some spice. It definitely did.
I have no idea of the calories or fat grams int his dish, but I am sure you could get some low fat soup and some low fat cheese and maybe even low fat Ritz crackers, if there is such a thing... It was super YUMMY, I only wish I had taken some pictures.
Friday, November 9, 2007
If you have any recipes that you ~LoVe~ you can share them too on Monday's! It does not matter what kind of dish it is, any kind you like will be fine with me. Post them on your blog and send me a message to let me know to check it out!
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
- He continues to amaze me every single day with his intelligence and his charm.
- He now has 8 teeth, which he hates to have brushed. We have tried everything from vibrating tooth brushes to the yummy tasting toothpaste.
- He can run now! Well, he thinks he can at least. He has had a few crash landings, but he is learning.
- He loves Gabby, they are the best of friends. It is too fun to watch them together, they chase each other around the down stairs. When Mason is eating, he never forgets to share a couple of bites with Gabby. She is always thankful for this so she never forgets to lick him clean when he gets out of the highchair. They are definitely a team!
- Mason calls both Curt and I, "Da Da!" I have tried so hard for my much deserved, "Ma Ma." But nevertheless, he insists my name is still "Da Da!" He has said "Ma Ma" many times over, but he has never called me this, he only says it randomly.
- He can now successfully open any door knob, which is very scary.
- His vocabulary is up to several words now. He can say, Dada, Mama, go, no no, out, cracker (kakar). gaga (gabby), see, and we are working on thank you. I am not sure how many words a baby at 13 months should be saying, but I do not care. I think he is a pure genius.
- He loves bath time more than any child I have ever seen. He now takes baths in our bath tub in the master suite. It is much bigger and he has plenty of room to play. He also loves bubbles. He had his first bubble bath last weekend, Curt brought home some hypo-allergenic, unscented Mr. Bubble. That was so thoughtful because Mason has extremely sensitive skin. Anyways, back on track... Mason loved the bubble bath. He was completely amazed. He ate some, inhaled some and even got some in his nose. It was so funny! He kept picking them up with his hands and I would blow them off, he thought that was hilarious. That is how he came to inhale them. He has blow and suck mixed up so he inhaled instead of exhaled...
- He loves eggs. They are his most favorite food. We have them almost every morning. He likes just a bit of cheese on them and he just devourers them. He almost has the whole fork thing down pat. I have not turned him loose with a plate or bowl of his own too many times yet, he is pretty sure they only belong in the floor.
- He loves the out doors. He is completely obsessed with rocks. I am thinking Geologist???
Well, these are a collection on some of my new favorite things Mason has been doing. I seem to never have time to sit down and write fun stuff like this anymore. I also did this mostly for my record so I could look back in a year or so and see just how small he was and be amazed at how far he has come.
Oh, just another side note... I was getting pj's out of the closet tonight and I ran across a sock that Mason wore when he was 3 or 4 months old. I think I almost cried. It was so small when I put it next to its much BIGGER cousin that Mason is wearing now... He is growing so fast and I am so happy, but sometimes I think it might be a bit bitter-sweet. Before I know it, he will be asking me to drop him off beside the mall because he will not want his friends to see him with his un-cool Mom. I am going to enjoy every single second that I have with this sweet little angel that God has placed in mine and Curt's life.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Are they not adorable.
Mason, go this way......
Check out the slobber on the lapel of the jacket...
The old ladies house that called mason the "G" word!
We went to Brant and Michelle's for their annual Halloween Party. It was a blast this year. All of the kiddo's were old enough to go trick-or-treating and the weather permitted us to go as well. Mason thought it was a horrible thing to get dressed up. He did not really want to cooperate to get the costume on, so we did it one piece at a time. It took about 30 minutes in all but I did not want my kid to be the only one screaming the whole night. Mason did not actually trick-or-treat. We do not need the extra candy at our house, so we just walked around with the other trickers... The one house Mason actually walked up to was this nice old lady who was the very first person to ever call mason a GIRL! She did it like 3 times. I thought Curt was going to die. I just kept smiling, and she game Mason twizler, the only thing I would let him have. When we walked away Curt vowed to cut Mason's curls... I hope he does not cut them then he will look bald. He does not have much hair anyways. But really, a girl??? Was she serious??? Oh, well. I guess that means he is a very pretty baby, which I already knew! Okay, so here are some pics from our ever fun night at the Powell's house. Thanks Brant and Michelle for a great time! A few of the pics are blurry, but it is so hard to catch that little guy on camera now, he has his own agenda now that he is walking and all!!!!