Monday, March 8, 2010

Before.

Before I was a Mom:

I never thought several times a day about other peoples poop. Consistency, color, timing... Nope, I probably never even thought about my own poop.

I would not have gone in public wearing sweatpants- now they are my favorite accessory.

I was all into me, no one else just me.

I could not stand that kid in the restaurant making all sorts of noises and disrupting peoples dinner... Now, that is my child.

I felt so sorry for that Mom in the isle at WalMart with the screaming kid begging for a toy, with circles under her eyes. I am that Mom now.

I never understood why my Mom said "No" so much when I was a kid. Now, I realize it was not just an evil plot to keep me from having fun.

I never wore spit up on the back of my shoulder cluelessly... Now, I do all the time.

I was not worried about sleep schedules.

I never worried over vaccinations and if they really cause harm.

I doubted if I would be a good Mom. I don't doubt that anymore.

I never cut my foot open on a Hotwheels in the middle of the night.

I never lied awake worrying.

I planned shopping trips to the mall- now I have to plan my trips to Wal-Mart.

I would have not been caught dead in a pair of jeans that were not "some" type of designer label. Now the only design on my jeans is from an ink pen and I didn't put it there.

Using a bugger sucker- enough said.

I never knew that "Hawaiian Delight" was my favorite baby food.

I never tasted Chicken and Sweet potatoes baby food- it is not my favorite...

I never read dozens of books before bed.

I never kissed a "boo-boo".

I never listened to Barney in the car- on purpose...




I never knew what a fun an interesting ride "being a mom" would be... I definitely had my ideas on what I thought it would be like, boy was I wrong... I am glad- because this is way better than I imagined.

3 comments:

  1. Haha! So good! And who ever knew that you COULD wear spitup on your shoulder AND make it look good. You go HOT MOMMA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I didn't know how hard it would be.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love...